YouTube Channel - DIY Builds

Saturday 19 September 2015

How to Build a Treasure Chest & Memory Chests



I made this medium sized memory chest for our daughter to keep everything we have given her to keep safe.


I is simple pine with a cherry finish. The engraving was done with a dremel type tool with a spherical bit and simply tracing a stencil.


Next we have the keep safe-box my wife (girlfriend at the time) requested for her birthday to keep all the cards and important things I ever gave her safe. It has a routered out pieces on the front for easy lid lifting.


I engraved her name in the underside of the lid with a dremel tool and a stencil. It is lined with padded red silk. The box is brad nailed together and stained with walnut.


Next we have another birthday present request by my wife a rather large tickle truck type treasure chest.


The body is made of tongue and grove doubled wall board. The lid, front and back strips are 1x4" pieces cut to length. The lid had a couple hinges in the back and chains to stop from opening too far. An over sized lock flap was added to keep things safe inside.


Whenever we move the chest my wife forgets  I wrote here a birthday card on the bottom.

No comments :

Post a Comment