YouTube Channel - DIY Builds

Tuesday 15 September 2015

How to Refurbish an Old Delta Table Saw

I bought a used Delta table saw and decided to refurbish it back to glory. Above is the before and after.


This is how it looked when I bought it.


Taken apart and started cleaning.


The base was lightly sanded and washed down.


I polished the fence rails, table top and extension wings with 120 grit sand paper. It was all wiped down with paint thinner until the paper towel came back clean. After the cast iron was coated with paste wax. The rails were also coated with paste wax, which made them glide on the rail like butter.


The Majority was painted with black gloss spray paint. The blade insert and dado insert were painted with red spray paint and coated with paste wax. The blade removal tools were sanded down to remove the rust and 2 coats of yellow spray paint were added. I bought some casters and installed them on one side just above the ground when sitting on all 4 legs so when you lift the opposite side it is easily maneuverable.


The original owner had never taken the plastic on the front face plate so all I did was peal it off when the black paint had dried.

3 comments :

  1. So that's about all for today's blog post, as this one is already very long (well done if you've made it all the way to the bottom here!) outdoor fencing

    ReplyDelete
  2. A debt of gratitude is in order for your knowledge for your fabulous posting. I'm happy I have set aside an ideal opportunity to see this. read here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! a viable Best Table Saw

    ReplyDelete