YouTube Channel - DIY Builds

Monday 14 September 2015

How to Pour a Concrete Pad for Shed

A look at the completed pad.


I measured out the 10' by 8' area on the grass and dug down 6-8 inches (yard is graded down towards the back) making sure to leave 3 feet between the fence and shed as to comply with local building code and common sense so you can access all sides.


I poured in about 2" of 3/4 crush rock and compacted it down.


I ran a conduit along the side of the house to the shed. It was buried about 1 foot down as I was too lazy to be bothered to go any further down.


I drilled a hole through the bricks big enough for the LB to fit and using wall anchors screwed through the LB into the brick. I caulked around the back before attaching to the house.


The concrete frame was made from 2x4s and 2x2 for the steaks. The conduit pokes up above the top of the frame 4 inches just to the right of where the door will be.


I inserted 10" bolts, 2 on the short sides and 3 on the long sides, to the wet concrete to hold down the base plates of the shed. My wife left me a special message after I was done with the pour,

1 comment :

  1. Storage sheds are often utilized for heavy duty purposes to store bulky items and those associated. Hence, the base or the foundation needs to be solid and secure. The pouring of the concrete needs to be performed carefully in order to achieve this.

    ReplyDelete